Corporate procurement, or sourcing, is moving away from its traditional focus on transactional unit costs and towards the strategic goal of building strong, effective supply chains that deliver great overall value to an organization at the lowest total cost.
This guide to strategic sourcing for the procurement professional in manufacturing will give insight into why this shift is occurring, discuss its potential benefits and the elements necessary for success, and describe what qualities to look for in strategic partners.
This free white paper includes:
- The basics of strategic sourcing
- The benefits of strategic sourcing for industrial automation
- How to create a sourcing team
- How to analyze spending
- Qualifying suppliers with a Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Negotiations and scope
- Managing supplier performance
- What to look for in a strategic sourcing partner